Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hearing

It's funny how you think you know all you need to know, and then God gives you a little flick on the forehead and you're sent flying through 8 walls of concrete with the realization of another retardedly simple truth.

You feel stupid, but thank God His truths are retardedly simple. Well most of them anyway. All the easier for us to understand.

Out of desperation, see previous post, I finally took my huge CD wallet out and flipped to the Sermons section. Sandra had burnt quite abit for me, the best of her collection, and well they've been happily tucked away in slumber for close to 2 years now. So when I got to the Sermons section the first CD that caught my attention was the 3-CD series The Awesome Love of our Father, from NCC.

It probably was God (I wanted to say 'It must have been God' but something's preventing me, so I'll just go with that feeling) who led me to feel the need for sermons, but as the sermon went on, I was quite mortified to realise just how much I was missing out on. I do still have abit of difficulty reading the Bible, so I guess this is a good alternative. There's a place for reading the Bible systematically, but sermons give you what you need. Guess you can say that sermons give you weapons; reading the Bible armours you.

Hai idiotic.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?